What should I do if my sewer backs up?

The first thing to do is call a plumber. Most blockages are found to be in the lateral which is the owner’s responsibility to have cleaned and repaired if necessary. The owner is responsible for the lateral from their house to the main in the street. If the plumber finds the blockage is in the sewer main, your plumber should contact us at (262) 569-2192 during the hours of 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday so we can check the sewer main. If you need assistance after regular business hours, you may contact us by calling the Police Dispatch Center at (262) 567-4401.

Show All Answers

1. What should I do if my sewer backs up?
2. Do you accept waste from RV’s?
3. Where does the wastewater come from?
4. What happens to the wastewater after you treat it?
5. How clean is the treated wastewater?
6. Do you give tours of the wastewater plant?
7. How much wastewater does Oconomowoc Wastewater Treatment Facility treat in a day?