- Parks, Recreation & Forestry
- Bird City
- Bird City Resources
Bird City Resources
The City of Oconomowoc works to protect and manage areas within the city limits and surrounding areas, of both migrating and resident birds. Oconomowoc is surrounded by many beautiful lakes and rivers that birds use as nesting grounds.
The City of Oconomowoc would like everyone in the community to become more aware of how they can protect the population of birds in our area. The following list of websites is made available as a means to help educate people about the things they can do to help maintain our bird populations.
- Window strikes
- Find an injured bird or animal? Local organization Wildlife In Need Center is a resource to help.
- Wisconsin Bird Conservation Initiative
- The National Wildlife Federation
- Cornell Laboratory of Ornithology
Great Resources shared by our bird-loving friends in the community:
- Beyond the Birdfeeder: Creating a Bird-Friendly Yard with Native Wisconsin Plants by Mariette Nowak
- Safely Attract Wild Birds to Your Backyard: A Local Birder's Guide to Attracting a Variety of Wild Birds.
- Young Birder's Backyard Guide - Great resource for basic birding and orinthology for kids and beginners.
- Birds & Wildlife in Your Barn - What to do if you find birds living on your property or if you find a baby bird.
- A Complete Guide to Birdwatching - Tips and information to help you become a great birder.
- Birdwatching 101: A Guide for Beginners - Audobon shares tips on how you can birdwatch in many places.
- 8 Benefits of Birdwatching - Did you know birdwatching has health benefits? Find out how it can help you!
- Download a Guide for Helpful Birdwatching Tips
- DIY Wire Mesh Bird Feeder - Step-by-step guide to create wire feeder.