Sidewalks and adjacent handicap ramps must be cleared of snow and ice within 24 hours after each snowfall. Snow may not be put into the street or across the road. If you are going to be out of town please make arrangements for this care of your property.
Here are some helpful reminders
- Clear snow in front of mailboxes, mail may not be delivered unless there is access to the mailbox.
- Keep refuse containers shoveled out for collection day
- Snow should be cleared from fire hydrants to assist the Emergency Management Departments.
- USPS Mailbox & Post Installation Guidelines
Rules to Note
- Municipal lots are posted for specific time periods. Parking for longer periods may result in a parking fine. Please follow the posted limits
- Overnight parking permits for designated areas of downtown lots may be obtained for a fee of $20 plus tax per month at the Police Department.
- Winter parking regulations are in effect from December 1, to March 1. No vehicles may be parked on the street from 2:00 am to 5:00 am.
For further information on snow removal, please call the Department of Public Works at (262) 569-2189 or the Public Works Supervisor at (262) 569-2191.