City of Oconomowoc Beaches, Bender Beach and City Beach, are open Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend.
*Hours may be limited or reduced when school is in session and due to unfavorable weather.
City Beach 10 a.m.-7 p.m.
Bender Beach 1 p.m.- 5 p.m.
All beach hours are weather permitting
Beach Bands must be purchased for anyone age 6 and up in order to swim.
Beach Bands can be purchased at the beach.
Daily Band: $3 resident; $6 nonresident*
Season Band: $25 resident; $50 nonresident*
Children under age 6 are free with a paid adult.
Adult must be within arm’s reach of the child at all times.
The swim area will be restricted to the small section during swim lessons.
- *Residents are those who reside in the City and pay City of Oconomowoc taxes. Non-residents are individuals who reside outside the City of Oconomowoc. This includes the Town of Oconomowoc.
Family Season Pass
Open to City of Oconomowoc Residents ONLY
Must be purchased in the Oconomowoc Community Center during business hours
You must be a City of Oconomowoc resident to be eligible for a Family Season Pass.
Family passes are must be purchased in the Parks, Recreation & Forestry office during regular office hours. Office hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
For the City resident family pass, and to provide a fair process for residents, the Common Council established this criteria to be eligible to purchase a family season pass:
1. Head of household must provide a valid driver's license to verify residency.
2. Head of household spouse, if applicable, must provide a valid driver's license to verify residency.
3. Immediate family members who reside in the household are eligible to be on the family season pass.
4. Immediate family members include the following: Head of household, spouse and legal children.
5. Birth certificate is required for all legal children.
# of Family Members 2 3 4 5+
Family Rate $35 $50 $60 $70
- Beach bands are required at all city beaches and can be purchased at the guard house. Beach bands must be worn on the sand and in the water.
- Children 5 and under are not allowed in the water unless a parent or adult over the age of 16 is at arm’s-length away from them.
- Only strong swimmers are allowed at the piers. Floatation devices must remain in the shallow section.
- No swimming under the piers, hanging on the ropes, buoys, or ladders. Only one person on the ladder at a time. No climbing down the ladder.
- Horseplay, such as running, splashing, pushing/shoving, or dunking, is not permitted.
- No backwards jumps, back dives or flips off of the piers.
- No throwing sand/rocks, swearing, or sitting/standing on another person's shoulders.
- Swimming in long pants is prohibited.
- Glass, grills, bikes, and pets are not allowed in the park. Alcohol is prohibited on the beach, but allowed in the park. No food or drink in the water.
- Fishing in or near the swimming or boat launch area is not allowed.
- No feeding the waterfowl (per city ordinance).
Public Swimming AccessPark Street Swimming Access is located on the southern shore of Lac La Belle at the end of Park Street. There is limited street parking available. Woodland Lane is located on the southern shore of Lac La Belle at the end of Woodland Lane. There is limited street parking available.
The City of Oconomowoc will test water quality at City Beach and Bender Beach. Testing will occur weekly beginning the week prior to Memorial Day and continue through September. The City will test more frequently if the following situations occur:
- After a major pollution event where potential exists that indicator levels may be expected to exceed standard (sewage leak, spill)
- Immediately following the exceedance of the water quality standards.