Fermented Malt Beverage (Beer)
Class A BeerClass A Beer licensees may sell intoxicating beer to consumers only in original packages or containers for off-premises consumption. The fee is $100.
Class B BeerClass B Beer licensees may sell beer to consumers for on-premises or off-premises consumption. The fee is $100.
License Application Information
- An original license means it is a brand new license.
- The auxiliary questionnaire is to be submitted with all original license applications.
- The agent schedule is to be submitted with all original license applications. This form must also be submitted if the establishment changes the agent. This requires Common Council approval. The fee is $10.
- A renewal license means the licensee is requesting renewal of the existing license due to annual expiration.
Application ProcessThe above applications must be received 15 days prior to a Common Council meeting for consideration (council meets the first and third Tuesday of every month).
- Background checks are required. The fee is $20.
- Fingerprinting is required for original applications. Fingerprinting can be done on Tuesdays from 6:00 am to 2:00 pm and Wednesday from 2:00 pm to 10:00 pm. The fee is $25.
- A publication fee is required upon application. The fee is $15.
- A license fee is due before a license is issued.
- A Wisconsin seller's permit number and FEIN number must be included on the application.
- All liquor licensed establishments will be inspected by the city Police Department, Fire Department, and building inspector.
Licenses shall be valid for one year and will expire annually on June 30.