Special Events and Concerts
You can find more information about events held in Oconomowoc on the city's Tourism Website.
If you would like to plan a special event in Oconomowoc, you can start by filling out the Special Event Application.
Refer to the Special Event Planning Guide for information.
You can also start by simply calling the Parks, Recreation & Forestry Department for questions about hosting a special event in the city.
The Parks, Recreation & Forestry Department partners with several organizations to bring many Special Events to the community including the following events.
American Legion - The Oconomowoc American Legion Band, established in 1924, is the community band of the City of Oconomowoc and has been designated the official Legion Band of the State of Wisconsin.. The band performs weekly outdoor concerts Wednesdays, June through August at 7:30 p.m. in the Rhodee Memorial Band Shell located on the shore of Lac La Belle at City Beach. Find out more on the band's website.
Bands at the Beach - Bands at the Beach is a free Friday night concert series - on select Friday nights during the summer - by a variety of bands to suit every taste. Concerts are performed in the Rhodee Memorial Band Shell located on the shore of Lac La Belle at City Beach. Find out a schedule and more info on Buddy's Beach Bungalow Facebook page.
Twilight Concerts at Fowler Park
Twilight Concerts at Fowler Park's goal is to enrich the lives of our Oconomowoc community by bringing people together to hear some gourmet music. Enjoy an outdoor concert in Fowler Park on select dates with esteemed performers. For more information, visit the event website.
- Being a kid is fun. But being a kid on Kids Day is even better! The lifeguards of City Beach plan a special theme day each year filled with games and fun activities for children ages three and above. Games such as obstacle courses, tug-o-war, sunken canoe races and many others are on tap for this day of fun. The day concludes with the annual sand castle building contest where prizes are awarded.
- Moonlit Movies are held in Fowler Park and occasionally in downtown Oconomowoc. The free movie starts at dusk and follows food and family activities starting at 5:30. The Badgerland Water Ski Team performs a show at 7 p.m. Find out more at www.moonlitmovies.org
Badgerland Waterski Show
- All performances are held at Fowler Lake. Find out more on Badgerland's website.
Yellow Brick Run
- Oconomowoc Chamber of Commerce presents its Annual Yellow Brick 5K Run/Walk in June. For those ages 10 and under, a half-mile kids run will take place before the adult run begins.. To learn further details regarding the event, and to pre-register, follow the link to the Chamber of Commerce webpage http://www.oconomowoc.org/events/yellow-brick-road-5k-run-walk-and/ Pre-registration is available on-line ONLY. Registration on the day of the event will be available beginning at 7:00 a.m.
Oconomowoc Summer Farmers’ Market
- Featuring 50+ local vendors, producers and artisans each week, our Travel Green Wisconsin certified market was visited by nearly 45,000 people last season. Saturdays, May – October from 8 a.m. – 12 p.m. South Municipal
Oconomowoc's German Christm
Get the family out of the house on Thanksgiving weekend and celebrate Wisconsin's German heritage at this family festival that features heated tents with vendors selling handcrafted wares, German beer, music, live bands, authentic German cuisine, vendors, Santa and more, http://www.germanchristmasmarket.org/